Since 2009, Coffee Creek Church has been involved in OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD, an outreach whose mission is “to follow the example of Christ by helping those in need and proclaiming the hope of the Gospel.”
“The power of a simple gift” is the theme of Operation Christmas Child, the shoebox ministry that reaches to the far corners of the world. Shoeboxes are packed with tons of items that disadvantaged kids all over the world have probably never had along with the hope of Jesus - the reason for the season!
In 2017 we will have two big collection Sundays - November 5th & 12th - where you can drop off your shoebox.
Here's how YOU Can Impact a Child in the name of Jesus this Christmas:
- CREEK KIDS: Creek Kids will be learning about the mission of Operation Christmas Child and packing shoeboxes as their craft on Sunday, November 12th in both services.
- STUDENTS: During their Student Nights gathering our middle & highschool students will learn about OCC and pack shoeboxes on Sunday, November 5th.
- COMMUNITY GROUPS: We are encouraging each Community Group to pack shoeboxes together during a regular meeting between now and November 12th. Ask your hosts when your gathering will be!
- INDIVIDUALS: Everyone can pack extra shoeboxes and make the holiday season amazing as we tell about the Christ of Christmas to kids across the globe!
Simply pick up your shoeboxes beginning THIS Sunday, follow the directions online HERE, make your $9/box shipping & handling donation and attach a label. You can bring completed boxes on Sunday, November 5th OR Sunday, November 12th!
- EXTERNAL ORGANIZATIONS & BUSINESSES: Each year we partner with external groups like FCA, NHS, 4-H Clubs, and local businesses. We provide FREE shoeboxes (at our expense) in order to broaden the ability of other groups to join in!
If you'd like to host a packing party at your workplace or organization, simply pick up as many boxes as you need over the next two weeks. Then follow the directions online HERE, collect donations for shipping and handling and attach a label. Deliver the boxes to Coffee Creek no later than Sunday, November 12th. If you need to make delivery arrangements simply email me: firstname.lastname@example.org